• Carry plenty of business cards with you at all times.
• If attending a function, turn off your cell phone.
• Hand out your cards to everyone and get theirs as well, make sure you make notes on the back.
• Be friendly talk with everyone, you never know who needs your service.
• Always take notes.
• Have your appointment book or palm pilot with you at all times.
• Tell everyone how nice it is to meet them, shake their hand firmly and look them directly in the eyes.
• Always Smile!
• Come unprepared. By this we mean no business cards, no pen, etc.
• Don’t invite guests unless you have told them what is involved (i.e. lunch, fee a the door)
• Talk negatively about your competition, it only makes you look bad.
• Have a negative attitude, this will only ensure no one does business with you.
• Promise things you can’t deliver.
• Be rude, treat others how you would want to be treated.